Fiending for some kick-arse beats? Wanna hear some funky drums? Need a dose of dope? Then 'it's about time we dropped another BREAKS FOR DAYS radio show - our usual slice of killer beats from years gone by. But it's time to hand it over to YOU guys & gals (if there are any ladies tuning in) to choose what you wanna hear. I'm sure by now you know the type of shiznit we like to drop on your unsuspecting eardrums. This time you choose, and all you have to do is think of a track OR artist, and click on the "comment" link below.
Now I cannot guarantee I will have every track requested, but don't forget the DAILY DIGGERS' crates go deeper than Jack Cousteau, so there's a very good chance that (if it's dope) we got it. And remember, we have no wack mp3s or CDs (what the fuck are they..?) here, just dusty vinyl from the vaults. So if you wanna know that Kid Dyno is going blue in the face searching for this or that 12" just to satisfy your every whim, drop a lil comment below and the Beat Detective and I will deliver the goodness on Thursday night ... with added dust and static at NO EXTRA COST. Who says we don't give you anything?
I look forward to seeing what you wanna hear. And remember... we got BREAKS for Days, and BEATS for Weeks!
Please include your name and location, and we'll give you a shout.
N.B. It has come to our attention that there has been excessive use of the word "dope" here on BREAKS FOR DAYS. You only have to see the above post. Firstly I would like to apologise for the overuse, and in my defence I claim that a life into hip hop has ingrained this word into my brain. And secondly I would like to point out that the "dope" we are referring to is NOT listed in the dictionary definitions below:
1. any thick liquid or pasty preparation, as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface.
2. an absorbent material used to absorb and hold a liquid, as in the manufacture of dynamite.
a. any of various varnishlike products for coating a fabric, as of airplane wings, in order to make it waterproof, stronger, etc.
b. a similar product used to coat the fabric of a balloon to reduce gas leakage.
a. any narcotic or narcoticlike drug taken to induce euphoria or satisfy addiction.
b. any illicit drug.
5. Slang. a narcotic preparation given surreptitiously to a horse to improve or retard its performance in a race.
6. Slang. information, data, or news: What's the latest dope on the strike?
7. Informal. a stupid or unresponsive person.
8. Southern U.S. (chiefly South Atlantic States). soda pop, esp. cola-flavored.
9. North Central U.S. (chiefly Ohio). syrup used as a topping for ice cream.
–verb (used with object)
10. Slang. to affect with dope or drugs.
11. to apply or treat with dope.
12. Electronics. to add or treat (a pure semiconductor) with a dopant.
–verb (used without object)
13. Slang. to take drugs.
14. dope out, Slang.
a. to figure out; calculate; devise: to dope out a plan.
b. to deduce or infer from available information: to dope out a solution to a problem.
Hmmm ... it seems like the guys in dictionary corner don't like rap music. Tune in on Thursday and see what REAL dope is!